The Canadian Society for Continental Philosophy annual conference will be held October 27th to 30th, 2022 King’s College University at Western University in London, Ontario. We invite submissions on any theme relevant to the broad concerns of Continental Philosophy. However, this year’s conference will highlight work on the theme of Continental Philosophy in dialogue with diverse global traditions.
Confirmed plenary speakers include Yoko Arisaka (University of Hildesheim), Bret W. Davis (Loyola University Maryland), Grégori Jean (Université Côte d’Azur), and William Paris (University of Toronto).
You may submit in the form of either:
COMPLETE PAPERS (between 3000 and 4000 words, exclusive of notes and references), with brief abstracts (150 words). Papers longer than 4000 words are unacceptable both at the time of submission and at the time of delivery
PANELS, consisting of three complete papers (of no more than 2500 words each, exclusive of notes and references), with brief abstracts (150 words each).
Instructions for Submission:
- Prepare your paper for anonymous review, with personally identifying information (name, institutional affiliation) appearing only in your submission email.
- Include in your submission only one document, containing both abstract and paper. Panel proposals should likewise be grouped into one file.
- Submit only one paper for consideration.
- Identify the word-count of both the paper and the abstract.
- If you are a graduate student, identify yourself as such in your submission email in order to be eligible for the graduate student essay prize. The winner will be announced at the congress and will be considered for publication in Symposium: Canadian Journal of Continental Philosophy.
- The deadline for submissions has been extended to June 15, 2022. For instructions and to upload your paper, please complete this form.
We intend to hold the conference in person. Hybrid or virtual options will be pursued should an in-person meeting not be possible or advisable for some or all conference participants.